Pages

Sunday, February 8, 2015

Sing Me the Blues

A sweet friend has a birthday soon and I needed a card for her. I called this Sing Me the Blues because she loves blues and jazz.

 
 
 I stock up on blank cards when I have a coupon so these started to coordinate with the chevron card base.
 
I stamped a textured card stock with the Love Bird Collage and Aquamarine Ink.
 
Then I die cut the lower corner using the Mini Medallion SweetCuts die. I backed the  negative  space after embossing it with Bahama Aqua powder. I applied Enamel Adhesive around the area with my fingertip before applying the powder.
 
I attached to the card blank and then embellished the openings. I used a stack of buttons for one and the medallion from the die back into the other.
 
Have a great week.
 

3 comments:

Donna K said...

These are nice. I love blue too. I like the birdcage stamp. I'm sure your friend will love Her cards.

Christine said...

My goodness, what a clever design! The colour is not one I would have thought of using but it works beautifully.

Sandy Fredrick said...

Two beautiful designs, love how you used the die cut in both cards for such a different effect.