Pages

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Paper Piecing by Juliet Arrighi, Guest Designer

I love doing snow scenes on my winter holiday cards, but the problem with snow on a card is that it is white.  You either have to spend forever coloring a background, or you have to paper piece.  I do a lot of paper piecing.
You might think that I used a stamp positioner to get the sentiment just right on the blue paper and the white paper, but I used a much easier technique - I used a larger piece of white than I needed, and once I lined the words up, I cut off the excess.The sentiment is embossed in white on the blue, and in denim blue on the white, so it looks really crisp.  I love the selection of vertical sentiments at SweetStamps - you really can't find them like this anywhere else.

I have a lot of snowman stamps, but I had to have this Stitched Button Snowman because of his country craft look and because it is an easy shape to cut out.  Take a closer look at the holly berries - they are made with the same buttons that are on the snowman!  They fit perfectly in a quarter inch punch.  I put Diamond Glaze on all the buttons for a little extra shine and dimension. This was so much fun to make!

Juliet Arrighi

5 comments:

Shelly Schmidt said...

Love your sentiment embossing and the buttons on the Holly Berries- how cool is that! I love that lil snowman too : )

Sandy Fredrick said...

Love your design and how you embossed the sentiment in 2 different colors on the layers. Cute corners with the holly leaves and buttons. Sweet!!

Denise said...

Wow what a lovely card! Fab Idea with the buttons.
Sweet Hugs
Denise

simply monica said...

Great job love the buttons on the card awesome added touch

~ Kendra ~ said...

Awesome card!! Love that snowman!! Too cute! Love the added holly leaves!