Pages

Monday, July 30, 2012

Decorate Your Cupcake!

Hey all!  Ryann here with some ways to snazzy up the Bubble Frame Kits.  I recently received the Cupcake Bubble Frame Kit and thought it was really cute!  How fun would it be to use as place cards at a birthday party labeling out the different goodies on the treat table!  So fun!!



For my project today, I assembled the Cupcake Bubble Frame Kit as directed, except for the frosting bits.  Instead of placing a picture in the the frame, I opted for a Happy Birthday sentiment instead.  It was easy to stamp the sentiment and then place into the frame.  After I had assembled the Cupcake Bubble Frame Kit I decorated it!


I started by painting the frosting a light pink using acrylic paint.  It took two coats to get good coverage.  After the paint was dry, I popped up the frosting pieces using the dimensional adhesive provided in the Cupcake Bubble Frame Kit.  You can see from my picture above the dimension in this project!  


Once the frosting was assembled and adhered down, I applied a thin layer of Glastique for some added shine.  And then once the Glastique was dry I generously applied some bling!!


I love the way this turned out!  It would be a great addition to any birthday party table you create!  I plan on using my dazzling cupcake as a tag for a birthday present.  How fun would that be?!!

Thanks for joining me today!  I hope this project has inspired you to get out your Bubble Frame Kits and have some fun!  :)



1 comment:

linda said...

That frosting is gorgeous! Looks yummy!